Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I'm going to Berlin! - May 7, 2013

Hello! My name is Caitlin and I've created this new blog especially for my upcoming study abroad trip to Berlin! At this point I'm getting very excited because in just 10 days I'll be stepping off the plane in Berlin. At 7:20 in the morning. That part I'm not too excited about. However, I'm pretty excited about the rest of it.

For the trip we each have to find an individual who lives in Berlin to profile in order for us to create a photo-slideshow about the person. I was nervous about finding someone and wasn't having much luck but then I discovered an article that the TA for the trip posted on Facebook. The article listed a ton of start-up companies located in Berlin, and this helped me figure out what I'm doing.

I'm going to be visiting the headquarters of the company EyeEm and will be profiling one of the founders. The company makes an app and has a website that resembles Instagram in that it's a social media platform where you share photos and you can tag what you are doing and your location. I've been using it for about a week now so that I can learn about it and I really like it. I was honestly surprised to even hear back from them, so I can't wait to go to their HQ and see how everything is run.

I'm going to end this post here, but I'll write again shortly with another update!

No comments:

Post a Comment