Thursday, May 23, 2013

Solo Exploring and Sangria - May 22, 2013

Today I slept in. A catch up on sleep was definitely needed after the first few days in Berlin. In the morning Andrea and I went shopping at Alexa. Again I spent too much money in there. It's a problem. I managed to order my lunch only in German and I was pretty impressed with myself for that, although honestly I just guessed what the man I was ordering from was saying.

I had to get back to the hotel to find my way to EyeEm Headquarters, because I had a meeting there at 4 to talk about my project and figure out how they would participate. It was a bit of a walk, and it was raining, but I actually enjoyed being totally on my own for the first time. I think being all alone in a city helps you to get a feel for the city.


When I got to EyeEm I was a little nervous to ring the buzzer and walk up the stairs. Once I got into the office though I felt much better. Severin met me and introduced me to people and we discussed what I would need from a subject. He then took me to meet some of the other people in the office. When he asked someone else how they would figure out which one of them would be my subject, they all suggested him. Severin is really friendly and easy to talk to, and I'm excited to profile him.



After my meeting with Severin I had to meet up with the rest of the group, conveniently next door the EyeEm's office to listen to Christoph Niemann speak. He talked to us about creativity and showed us some of his work. I really like graphic design, so I found this really interesting. His stuff was so creative that I couldn't even imagine how his brain works. He gave us each a mini screen print of his, which I thought was really nice and I can't wait to hang it up above my desk at home.

Tonight we attempted to go to a pub crawl but then didn't feel like paying 12 euros for it, so Megan, Meredith, Carla, Andrea, Amber and I decided to go in this Spanish tapas restaurant and share a pitcher of sangria. I loved it because it reminded me of my trip to Spain last summer, and we had a really good time.

Today was a productive day for getting in touch with my subject and I can't wait to learn more about Severin and get my project done.

No comments:

Post a Comment