Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tacheles and shopping! - May 21, 2013

Today Megan and I decided to go find this weird shop that we had heard about because Megan wanted to see if the owner of the shop would be a good subject. We walked all over but couldn't find the shop. We did however find Tacheles. Both of us had heard about the building where artists meet to create and display their work but knew it was closed. There was an artist outside named Carl who we had an interesting conversation with about Berlin and Tacheles, but he wasn't interested in being Megan's subject. He told us that in the back of the building was a garden that some of the artists still had their work displayed in.


We walked to the back of the garden and there were sculptures and paintings all over. We talked to several artists and Megan finally found one who was interested in being her subject.


After we left Tacheles we got ice cream and went to Alexa to go shopping. I may or may not have spent a little too much money in H&M...


A few of us decided that we didn't want to go out so we hung around the hotel and worked on editing pictures and blogging. Obviously I'm several days behind on blogging, so I was working more on my photos and trying to get in contact with my subject.

In the evening we went to the Friedrichstadt-Palast and saw Show Me which was sort of a musical revue. I'm not generally into theater so I didn't know what to expect, but I was blown away by how cool it was. There were acrobats, pole dancers, water features, and more. It was the highlight of the day for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment